Sunday 4 August 2013

Radical Radish (sprouts)

2 posts in one night !  How lucky we are :)
Whilst madly working on my website and whilst my 4 little ones sleep, I felt excited about my other new experiment and just felt to share!
I've been using a sprout bag for bigger seeds like mung beans & chick peas and lentils, and it's so quick and easy.  Finally, though, I thought I'd try the radish seeds.  I've got some new 100% Hemp sprout bags "Sprout Pouch"  I am now selling (made in Queensland) and I am really happy with them. 
So, I placed the radish seeds (now, I can't remember how many exactly, but I think it was 2 tablespoons) in to the bag and then into a bowl of water for a few hours.  Then hung it to drip.  Dunking and hanging twice a day.
And look what happened !  (photo below).
They needed a bit of greening up when they were ready, so I placed them on my front patio for a few hours for more light, opening the bag and folding it down.
To remove the husk, I folded the bag inside out, pulled the little sprouts out and placed them in my salad spinner.  Filled it with water and all the husks floated to the top or went down into the holes of the sieve bowl.  I scooped the husks out with a spoon, drained the sprouts and now have yummy, spicy radish sprouts!
Sprouting is so addictive !

Quinoa sprouts, Radish and lovely purple and green mustard sprouts

No comments:

Post a Comment